The INCREASE Citizen Science app
This is the central feature for the success of the experiment – everything revolves around it.
You can use it for
- your registration to participate in the experiment
- sending information on the common bean plant you grow
- recording data, e.g. about flowering time, seed size etc.
- taking pictures to document plant traits such as flower, seed and pod colours and shapes, plant growth habit, shapes of leaves all the way to images of the food you prepare with your harvest
- presenting your own favourite common beans
- access information on the European origin of the beans you will be growing based on geographical coordinates and other information associated to the original collection sites, such as altitudes etc. You will be able to find out based on DNA data from which location in America your accessions have most likely been introduced to Europe.
- search for a specific trait and make a request to other EU citizens to obtain their beans